Atlas has announced a new run of N scale Dash 8-40 units available in DCC and sound in a variety of road names and numbers. Models feature:
• Separate coupler cut lever
• Directional lighting
• Golden white LEDs
• Painted safety rails
• Blackened metal wheels
• Dual flywheel equipped 5-pole skewed armature motor with a low friction mechanism
• Factory-installed AccuMate magnetic knuckle couplers
SILVER SOUND READY FEATURES (SILVER LOCMOTIVES ONLY):
• Sound ready & equipped with speaker for easy conversion to DCC sound.
DCC OPERATION FEATURES (GOLD LOCOMOTIVES ONLY):
• Supports all DCC-programming modes
• DCC includes RailCom and RailComPlus, with 14, 28 or 128 speed steps and with 2-digit and 4-digit addressing.
• Flexible mapping of function keys F0 to F28.
• A total of 6 DCC function outputs are available, and all can be function mapped (disable, brightness, light effects) individually
• Follows all NMRA DCC standards and recommended practices.
SOUND FUNCTIONALITY FEATURES (GOLD LOCOMOTIVES ONLY):
• Over 20 sound effects are available, including engine start-up and shutdown, prime mover sounds through all eight notches, bell, air horn, air compressor, dynamic brakes and more.
• There are up to 16 user-selectable horns, 2 user-selectable bells, and 2 user-selectable synchronized brake squeals.
• Equipped with ESU’s Exclusive “Full Throttle” features for ultimate realism in prototype running.
AVAILABLE – 1st quarter 2019
MSRP – Silver DCC: $139.95 Gold DCC w/Sound: $239.95
More information and pre-orders can be made at the Atlas website HERE.