Atlas has announced a new run of the EMD GP-38 units this time with sound and including the Norfolk Southern First Responders unit.
Atlas’ N Scale locomotive is modeled after Electro Motive Division’s 2000 horsepower GP-38 diesel introduced in the late 1960s and built through the early 1970s and is still in service today throughout North America. The GP-38 is usually identified by its two radiator fans located on top of the long hood and two small exhaust stacks.
The GP-40 was produced the Electro Motive Division in the late 1960s and early 1970s, the GP-40 was a 3000 horsepower locomotive best characterized by the three full size radiator fans on the rear of the roof.
- Directional lighting
- Walkway safety tread
- Blackened metal wheels
- Scale Speed™ motor
- Factory-equipped with AccuMate® knuckle couplers
- Dynamic brakes (as appropriate by railroad)
- Golden-white LEDs
DCC Operation Features GOLD LOCOMOTIVES ONLY)
- Supports all DCC-programming modes
- DCC includes RailCom and RailComPlus, with 14, 28 or 128 speed steps and with 2-digit and 4-digit addressing.
- Flexible mapping of function keys F0 to F28.
- A total of 6 DCC function outputs are available, and all can be function mapped (disable, brightness, light effects) individually
- Follows all NMRA DCC standards and recommended practices.
ESU LokSound Features (GOLD LOCOMOTIVES ONLY):
- Over 20 sound effects are available, including engine start-up and shutdown, prime mover sounds through all eight notches, bell, air horn, air compressor, dynamic brakes and more.
- There are up to 16 user-selectable horns, 2 user-selectable bells, and 2 user-selectable synchronized brake squeals.
- Manual and Automatic Notching modes with the ability to change modes ”on the fly” are provided for true realism.
AVAILABLE – 4th Quarter 2018
MSRP – Without Sound: $129.95 With Sound: $239.95